Even when you are cozied up in the business class of some national airline, it is safe to say that your resting experience is never really the same. You are going to wake up with a nasty stiff neck and your head usually feels like it slept on a stone. And that is in business class. The situation gets even worse for those who find themselves in the economy class or worse yet, those who have to travel by road.
It is an experience that can be a great one or a really bad one depending on how well you are able to rest. To give yourself that little difference and a chance of waking up feeling like you had a good rest, you need a travel pillow. They are every traveler’s best asset and these 10 can be a great place for you to start.
Top 10 Best Travel Pillows & Reviews
1. J Pillow Travel Pillow
There are a variety of interesting aspects in this one-of-a-kind pillow and one of them has to be the fact that it was the winner of the Invention of the Year award in 2013 in Britain. That says something. Other than that, it also has great features. These include;
A very unique and impressive design is its main sales point. Given that this design has actually won an award goes to show that it is not only meant to drive sales but also to give the user a better experience and better comfort.
While sleeping in a sitting position, there is the tendency of your head to fall forward. The J pillow has an ingenious chin support that prevents this from happening and at the same time provides ample support for your head and neck keeping them in the perfect condition.
Its design is particularly ideal for those who would be taking the coach or train for long distances. It allows you to get uninterrupted sleep in the course of your journey and ensures that you do not wake up with a stiff neck. The experience that this travel pillow offers is compared to sleeping while you’re lying down only that in this instance, you are actually sitting.
The J pillow can also be used at home and offers quite a relaxing experience while you’re lying on the sofa or in bed. Even if you have to sleep upright for medical reasons, you can rely on this little baby to cater to you.
- It is quite easy to carry and folds into a small U-shaped pillow that can be squeezed into small spaces.
- It is quite effective and comes in very handy for travelers.
- It is quite soft and plush.
- Works just as it is advertised.
- It is not air-filled and hence is bound to occupy more space when carrying.
- It is odd-looking and will take some time for one to figure out how it works.
2. Travelrest Travel pillow
Yet another quite unique pick that comes with more support than just for your neck and head. It has impressive features most of which are tailor-made to provide a better rest experience while on your travel. It is one that might resonate very well with most people.
It is the only travel pillow in the market that has been designed to provide full lateral support for the upper body which makes it easier for the user to relax and fall asleep more easily.
Its design offers a lot of benefits which include holding the head and neck alignment in place and at the same time, it is able to keep the head from falling forward which is a great sleep distractor.
It is ideal for people who suffer from chronic pain as well as those who are just looking to add some comfort to how they travel.
The design of the Travelrest pillow is patented and provides proper support to help prevent tension that mounts in the back and straining of the neck. The best thing about it is the fact that you can wear it in many different ways to serve a variety of purposes.
- It is inflatable which makes it easier to pack.
- It is ideal for all kinds of people and even children.
- Can be used on wheelchairs as well
- It is washable.
- It does not really go behind the neck so one has to work around to get a favorable position that will work.
If you are looking for something a little more conventional but capable of delivering on the same needs and requirements, then this could be it, It is not flashy nor does it have any weird designs but when it gets to the heart of the matter, the KhobiTM travel bliss is able to step up to the podium.
3. KohbiTM Travel Bliss Memory Foam Neck Pillow
It is made out of memory foam which makes it an ideal candidate for those who are seeking comfort and might not have the lungs to keep blowing air into their travel pillows.
It has a simple and convenient snap-to-hold-in-place feature that also allows you to attach your luggage to keep it from getting lost.
This particular travel pillow offers you more value for your money with superior comfort and better durability compared to some of the others that are available in the market also made out of memory foam.
It is quite versatile and is a great asset for long train and coach rides and also for use in places. It is also valuable to those who have neck problems and can make for a great gift, especially to a person who travels a lot.
- It is the only pillow that is backed up by a lifetime no hassle-free replacement and a 5-year money-back guarantee.
- It is quite effective with a very ergonomic design.
- It is ideal for those who are looking for something simple but which is still able to deliver comfort and value for money.
- It is made from memory foam which means that it is bound to occupy more space in storage compared to the ones that can be deflated.
4. Cabeau Memory Foam Evolution Travel Pillow
While it can be a great tool to have for the frequent flyer, there is more to this one-of-a-kind travel pillow than you would expect. It is just one of the very few that allows you to get comfortable while giving back to the community. Intriguing right?
Before we can even jump into the features, it is worth noting that this product is available in a variety of different colors. Among them is pink. For every pink-colored travel pillow you buy, CABAEU will donate 5% of your purchase to cancer research. That has to count for something.
Back to the features, the pillow is made from a high-quality memory foam core that is not only comfortable but also responds to you for a better and richer experience.
The cover of the travel pillow is washable which ensures that you are able to receive better experiences and get rid of germs and dust.
It also features adjustable front toggles that help the pillow to stay in place and features raised side supports that offer 360-degree support for your head and chin.
- It comes with free memory foam earplugs.
- It can be compressed to just 25% of its size for easier storage.
- If you are looking to make a difference, then the company offers you that chance by donating a percentage of the purchase to cancer research for the pink pillows.
- It comes with a small bag for the packaging.
- Storage is tricky since the product is made from memory foam.
5. YOUR pillow ultimate Self Inflating Travel Pillow
If you are a sucker for color, then this could seal the deal for you. It strays slightly from the norm of other travel pillows and features a slightly different design but in the right situation, it can be the real deal for you. It is particularly perfect for those who love camping and do not want to have to carry to sets of pillows on their trips.
It is one of the only premium self-inflating pillows around so you never have to worry about giving your lungs a run for their money.
It is made from the best quality materials which allows it to offer a smooth, comfortable, and soft feel especially when you lay on it. Additionally, the materials used are bright-colored and feature fashionable color schemes which are quite savvy.
It comes with a small stuff sack that can be used to carry it and even better, it folds away in a matter of seconds.
- It is self-inflating offering the user the best of both worlds.
- Comes with a lifetime guarantee.
- Great color schemes that break away from the norm of single solid colors.
- Unlike most of the other pillows, this is only useful if you have access to a reclining seat or are able to lie horizontally. It is not the best for sit-up sleeping.
6. Travelmate Memory Foam Neck Pillow
Back to the conventional designs is yet another very familiar-looking travel pillow but one that has more to offer than meets the eye. At first glance, it does not seem like the Travelmate pillow has much to offer but a quick test reveals a lot more.
The pillow is made from high-quality thermosensitive memory foam which goes a long way to save you the sweaty neckline that you might get in because of the heat that gets trapped between the memory foam. Not only is it uncomfortable, but it can result in you requiring to change your clothes.
The pillow is made and designed to fit perfectly around your neck without the need to have any adjustments or toggles. However, it does come with an in-built elastic strap that makes it easy for you to attach to your luggage to ensure it does not get lost.
It is zippered and machine washable so you never have to worry about grime and dirt collecting to the point that you have to throw it away.
- Simple yet very easy to use.
- The thermosensitive memory foam is a great asset that can keep you cool and comfortable while you sleep.
- It is a great asset to have while on your travel.
- The product is only available in limited outlets which can make accessibility quite hard. On the bright side, this assures you of quality.
7. Comfort Master Travel Pillow
Looks can be deceptive, the Comfort Master Travel Pillow is a true testament to this. While it resembles most of the other products on the market, it does have more going into it and it is able to offer improved experience and comfort compared to those products which it presumably resembles.
It has a therapeutic design and is made from thermos-sensitive memory which offers added comfort which can be disrupted by a wet neckline especially if you find yourself in situations where the air conditioning is not working.
It is scientifically tested and molds perfectly around your neck for maximum comfort and support which makes it ideal even for those that suffer from chronic pains.
Its applications are quite diverse and can be used on camping trips while travelling regardless of the mode of travel, and even on your couch.
To make storage easier and improve portability, it comes with an elastic strap for easier transportation and also features a soft microfiber cover that is washable.
- It has a 5-year money-back guarantee.
- It comes in a variety of 3 different modern colors to improve flexibility and offer variety.
- It is scientifically tested and is as advertised.
- It can be used by children as well as adults.
- It does not come with proper storage especially considering that it is not inflatable which means it occupies more space in your luggage.
8. Memory Foam Therapeutic U-shaped Neck Pillow
For starters, this does not look like your common travel pillow. The design is a bit different and as you would expect, the experience that is able to offer would be slightly different. There are very noticeable differences in the design which would be a great place to strike some interest.
One of the most impressive features that this product has to offer is to be the non-toxic, hypoallergenic with no foul smell memory which is a great difference from some of the other products that have a particular smell especially when they are new.
It also features a one-of-a-kind cooling gel technology that prevents excess heat from developing from the areas where it is in contact with the skin.
Its unique design allows the user to enjoy comfort while at the same time preventing the head from tilting forward during sleep which is a significant added advantage.
The cover is removable and washable with a plush and soft feel and features a rebound time of about 3 seconds which allows the foam to form around the neck offering unmatched comfort.
- Impressive design that offers impressive benefits.
- Comes with a 3-year guarantee which is a great landing should you not like the product.
- It has a variety of applications including in the home and while travelling.
- It’s harder to pack. No elastic straps or stuff bags.
- Is slightly thick so it requires some getting used to.
9. KEEPMOV Travel Neck Pillow
There is plenty that is exciting about the travel neck pillow. Not only does it come in a color that breaks the norm, it also has a unique brand to it and a different feel. Not forgetting to mention that it has achieved some very impressive fetes as well which goes to bolster its brand and usability.
It is the bestselling neck pillow and this has largely been attributed to its softness and comfort which goes a long way in providing head and neck alignment.
It also prevents the head from falling forward courtesy of its chin protection which is a common occurrence when one is sleeping in a sitting position.
It provides a deluxe, soft, plush, and utterly comfortable experience with reliable support to all sides of the neck ensuring that you do not suffer a stiff neck. It has also been highly touted for those who suffer from severe pain.
- Luxurious comfort on a budget.
- All round support for your head and neck with chin protection.
- No storage or elastic bands are offered.
10. Travel Pillow Inflatable for Sleeping and head rest
While this might not vary far from some of the conventional designs that you might have come across, it comes with a lot more features to make sleeping during travel much easier and more convenient.
The design of this travel pillow allows it to fit snugly around the neck making it the perfect solution to your neck support needs.
It can be applied in a variety of situations including watching TV or when traveling on coaches, trains, and even planes.
The pillow comes with plenty of added benefits like the eye mask and ear plugs to ensure that nothing gets in the way of your sleep.
- Comes with plenty of complementary goods that improve your sleeping experience.
- Is inflatable and hence easier to carry.
- Comes with a storage bag.
- It is slightly larger compared to other travel pillows for neck support and inflatable hence you should be prepared to blow some air into it.
Getting the perfect pillow for your travelling needs can save you a lot of trouble like neck pains and improve your moods upon getting to your destination. These 10 are ideal regardless of what you are looking for and impressive comfort for a slight budget.